The William Alfred Moore House was built in 1860 and is the earliest known structure remaining in the town of Mount Airy. The house exhibits a combination of Victorian and Italianate stylistic features and, on the interior, Greek Revival features. Located in the front yard of the house is a circa 1865 rustic hexagonal summer house constructed with wood poles and intervening root walls, and a shingle roof. A picture of this very rare gazebo can be seen in the book, North Carolina Architecture by Katherine Bisher.
202 Moore St.
Mount Airy, NC 27030
Hours of Operation: By appointment.