Built in 1880 by Andy Gould, this one room schoolhouse has been reconstructed as it originally was and is being used as a local museum. It Is located on a wooded hill that overlooks the Beaver Creek in western Wilkes County.� It received its name because it was so long ago that not even the whippoorwills could find it. In the loft, are the paintings and drawings of "The Legend of Tom Dooley" and Dooley (Dula) memorabilia. Also in the Village are a country store, a replica of Daniels Boone's cabin, a smokehouse and a chapel.
11929 Hwy 268
West Ferguson, NC 28624
Hours of Operation: Saturdays and Sundays 3:00pm – 5:00pm and by appointment. Closed January—March.