Elkin's founder, Richard Gwyn, built Gwyn School-Elkin Chapel around 1850 so his family and others settlers on the north side of the Yadkin River would not have to cross the river to attend church and school in Jonesville. The building is the oldest in Surry County to have been used as either a church or school. Artifacts include farm tools, domestic items, textiles, a weaving loom, photographs and documents.
129 Church St.
Elkin, NC 28621
Hours of Operation: Second Sunday of every month, 2:00pm – 5:00pm and by appointment.